Climate Change Adaptation
Creation of sustainable livelihoods and regeneration of environment through climate friendly technologies and eco solutions. The technology eco-solutions and processes innovated by DA primarily serve as either climate change mitigation tools or as adaptation technologies that are resource efficient, low-carbon and renewable. The product technology and process innovations offer alternative livelihood options for adaptation purposes in the fields of building materials, energy generation, waste recycling etc.
DA’s expertise, developed over years of working with various stakeholders is utilised for technical assistance, capacity building and implementation at various levels. The Climate Change Adaptation Group works with policy-makers, foresters, scientists, research institutions, non-governmental organisations, government and rural communities in Bundelkhand and in other states.
Watershed development and strengthening community institutions
Climate change mitigation and adaptation to increase resilience and coping capacities of communities
- Land and water management (participatory planning, remote sensing and geographic information systems applications; wasteland reclamation; water augmentation)
- Developing location-specific models of resource management, including watershed development approaches
- Development of agri horti-based livelihoods
- Training programmes, based on the desired needs, on field demonstration and regular exposure towards changing practices (demonstration of different cropping systems, and methods to improve farming).
- Synchronisation of stakeholders and government-based schemes for the community
- Promote large scale plantation for the rejuvenation of wastelands in the Bundelkhand region
- Project evaluation and impact assessment
Planning and policy support tools for communities and government
- Impact and vulnerability assessments (environment and communities)
- Developing mitigation and adaptation strategies/plans
- State of Environment Assessments
- Geographic Information System (GIS) based tools for natural resource planning